(mis)directions



Everybody has experienced the joy of deliberately ignoring direction at one point in their lives. Whether it was the instruction your mother gave you between the ages of 2 and 18, or the refusal to reference the manual when assembling your newest gadget (leaving you with 4 screws that probably weren't important anyway). For my final letterpress project, I wanted to create a handbook, but instruct people to do things that are typically things you're told NOT to do. (Mis)directions, as I call them. I tried to think of what I'd been told not to do in my life, and how that might be able to make me a better Art Director and Creative Strategist. What is the best (mis)direction you've listened to? Here's what I've got:

-Kill your ego
-Become a packrat
-Loathe something
-Don't follow directions
-Disrupt monotony
-Eavesdrop
-Care. Don't Care.
-Talk to strangers

No comments: