Really interesting content

I was using Stumbleupon.com, and found Dave Werner’s website. Dave is a grad student at a portfolio school, and a really incredible artist. The website consists of several of the projects he has done, accompanied by video documentaries which share his creative process, brainstorming, idea sketches, and conceptual stages. I found this site to be inspiring on many levels. For one, just executing so many wonderful pieces in the number of mediums as Dave has is both impressive and admirable. He has animation, logo design, illustration, movies… you name it. I also was really inspired by watching the mini-documentaries and seeing the sketches of each process, which helped me understand his creative process and appreciate his final product even more. In his videos, he is both well spoken and thoughtful, and as a creative seems to really dig deep to create rich, original and meticulously created work. I will definitely be watching this site to see what other work he will produce. My favorite piece was one titled “Reflect/Respect”.

No comments: